Bacterial Vaginosis Symptoms
Bacterial vaginosis (BV) is is a very common vaginal infection that is primarily caused by an imbalance in the normal bacteria found in the vagina. Bacterial vaginosis was formerly known as "Gardnerella Vaginitis" after the bacteria that was thought to cause it, however there have since been other culprit bacteria responsible for BV, so it now goes by the name "bacterial vaginosis."
Some statistics about bacterial vaginosis:
- An estimated 30% of women in the United States have BV
- An estimated 16-20% of pregnant women will have BV during their pregnancy
- An estimated 65% of women who have an STD will get BV (although BV itself is not considered an STD.)
What are the Symptoms of Bacterial Vaginosis?
As mentioned above, it is estimated that 30% of women in the United States have bacterial vaginosis, however and estimated 85% of those women will show no symptoms of BV at all.
For those that do have symptoms of BV, there are two signs:
- A milky-white discharge that varies from being as thin as a light cream to as thick as a toothpaste.
- An unpleasant odor that has a foul fishy smell.
It is also very common for women suffering from BV to only show symptoms when having sexual intercourse. The discharge and odor can completely unnoticeable until sexual activity.
A few other BV symptoms that you may hear about is irritation, itching, or some pain during sex. It is not believed that these are direct symptoms of bacterial vaginosis.
What Can You Do About BV?
This website was created by a 6-year sufferer of recurring bacterial vaginosis. In order to overcome this embarrassing and frustrating condition, it is often not enough to take antibiotics such as the commonly prescribed Flagyl.
In order to achieve permanent relief from the symptoms of BV, you must accomplish the following steps
- Eliminate the bad bacteria
- Increase the good bacteria
- Boost your immune system so that your body has the fuel it needs to keep the bad bacteria from overwhelming the good.
- Avoid re-infection with some easy lifestyle changes.
I created this website to help women resolve an issue that I had to go through for years. I wrote everything you need to know in a 65-page book called "The BV Miracle" that can be downloaded instantaneously to your home computer.
The BV Miracle takes you by the hand and walks you through the step by step process listed above. For more information about The BV Miracle, please see our main page on BV Treatment.
Copyright © 2017 BVMiracle.com - All Rights Reserved